You can focus your full-time freelance career as a developer with Dibrand.
Freelance work is defining the new way of working and developing in new and interesting ways. If you are passionate about rapidly growing your career and working with leading Silicon Valley startups and innovative startups, Dibrand could be a great fit for your next career change.
Dibrand is an elite talent network made up of Latin American developers, connecting the best and brightest freelancers with leading organizations. Unlike a 9 to 6 job, you will choose your own hours and work from anywhere. Our selection process ensures that the best talent is provided to our clients. Joining the Dibrand network also gives you access to technical training programs.
If you’re interested in growing your career by working full-time freelance jobs for exclusive clients, take the next step by clicking Apply and filling out the short form to get started.
The Shopify Developer is responsible for developing and implementing high-quality, scalable full stack web solutions for Ecommerce or web applications using industry best practices and the latest technical trends.
The Senior Shopify Developer is responsible for planning out complex Ecommerce solutions and breaking them down into smaller tasks that can be assigned.
This position works directly with team members, Project Managers, and occasionally clients from project kick-off to deployment, by gathering requirements and developing solutions to meet client expectations.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcome constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
- Write Shopify code for projects on assigned tasks
- Work with our Client Design team to define and implement end-user functionality
- Estimate task complexity and development cost in detail (task assumptions and dependencies) so our Client Project Managers can provide accurate client quotes and allocate resources appropriately
- Analyze requirements and work with our Client Project Managers and clients to determine specific issue details
- Work with our Client Technical Team to write acceptance criteria to ensure software solution meets client expectations
- Regularly communicate with our Client Project Managers regarding task-level ticket status, including updates to project management software to reflect task progress and state
- Review, test, and provide feedback on work by other developers to ensure code quality. Submit ongoing work for review by peers and/or technical lead
- Write client test plans instructing clients how to set up and execute tests against changes made to the software
- Complete training and tutorials to learn new languages and skills to better support clients; Research best practices and understands code structure and organization of code.
- Identify issues with existing code and proactively suggest recommended changes to prevent challenges in the future
- Accumulate domain knowledge around existing clients and projects to assist them with ongoing needs
- Prepare project code releases, coordinate changes with client, and send code to production upon approval from quality assurance; provide hotfixes or project releases, as needed
- Ensure high-level requirements are gathered to provide guidance to Technical Team for proper story writing
- Bring new staff members up to speed on project configuration and prepares them to contribute as part of the technical team
- Assign tasks in partnership with our Client Project Managers to ensure all tasks are accomplished
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Ecommerce web development
- Minimum of 3+ years experience working within the Shopify Plus platform
- Superb troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Advanced experience with HTML5, and CSS, SASS
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms, Version Control Systems (such as Git or Mercurial), Jenkins, Gulp, Jira, Confluence, Github, and Bitbucket
- Experience working in Agile development environments; utilizing Scrum principles to execute projects
- React.js experience is a plus
- Node.js experience
- PHP experience
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of source control and branching strategies
- Possess a desire to work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both a business and technical level
- Ability to consider cause problems and use root analysis to provide creative solutions to complex technical and business issues
- Ability to manage time and tasks well; comfortable asking questions and reporting concerns to leadership
- Ability to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Ability to pay close attention to detail; asking clarifying questions to gather all relevant information
- Welcome constructive feedback and apply it to future performance
- Dedicated to improving your craf and having a positive outlook
- Possess a willingness to mentor and train others
This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties as needed. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and does not infringe upon the Company’s at will employment status.